Skip to main content

Enroll for Summer and Fall 2024! View the schedule of classes

Learn More


Military members and their family members who are stationed in California for other than educational purposes or who have a home of record of California are eligible for California residency and can apply for the California College Promise Grant.

Barstow Community College wants you get the educational services that fit your needs. Active Duty Military Members should contact the Educational Services Office prior to enrolling to review all of your educational options.

We offer the following degree programs 100% online:

  • Administration of Justice, Associate of Science
  • Child Development, Associate of Science
  • Humanities, Associate of Arts
  • Management, Associate of Science
  • Social Science, Associate of Arts

Military members and spouses are granted priority registration. To become a student at BCC follow the steps outlined at Getting Started.

Credit for Military Service

Barstow Community College grants up to 30 semester units for military equivalency. Students must submit a Joint Services transcript for evaluation after completing 6 units of work at BCC.

Tuition Assistance

Barstow Community College accepts tuition assistance from active-duty students as a means of paying for enrollment fees, including out-of-state tuition



Transfer of Credits/Credit for Test Equivalencies

Active duty students that may have attended other regionally accredited colleges or universities, or have completed CLEP/DANTES exams may submit official transcripts and/or score reports for evaluation. Free CLEP/DANTES exams are offered for active duty military members in Bldg. 285, Barstow Road, Fort Irwin, CA. Call 760-252-2411 ext. 7601 for more information.